Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Dorm Room Story By: Lauren Mais

My name is Lauren Mais, and I am a Freshman at the University of Arizona this year. Me and my best freind decided to be roomates together because we thought it would be fun. We have been best freinds for a long time and we lived together for about a month when we went to Europe so I thought it would not be to hard. Well on move in day, I moved in first. I really wanted the room to be neat and organized and just pretty. Laura, my roomate, on the other hand is very messy and sort of a hippy. She wanted to make everything very hippie like and retro. Needless to say, I was not very happy about that. Over the next week or so, it was a little difficult for us to find a happy medium of what our dorm should look like. We had things color cordinated but it was always cluttered. In the end, we ended up putting up some posters of Bob Marley, and a Love Peace poster and kind of organized the floor space. We get along for the most part except on day we had a big blow out fight. her boyfreind lives in Phoenix, and he was always coming up for the weekends. I thought that she was taking advantage of the fact that I let him come up so much and so that escalated. In the end, we ended up working it out and all is good with us. I also now understand more where she was coming from because my boyfreind lives in Phoenix as well. So, we usually alternate having one of our boyfreinds coming up for the weekend, and the other roomate goes back to Phoenix for the weekend. It works out great and I love rooming with my best freind.

Lauren Mais
Section 99

No comments: