Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hello from the U of A!!!!


Hey! My name is Taylor Grogg, and I am currently a freshman at the University of Arizona. I am from Columbus, Ohio which is about a 28 hour drive from Tucson, Arizona. I live with two other girls in the dorms here. My one roommate is also from Ohio (which is amazing) and my other roommate is from Texas. The roommate from Ohio is one of my best friends that I have in Arizona, my other roommate... not so much. Dorm life is pretty nice but it can be annoying at times. We have a nice sized room for only three girls. I have only been in Arizona for about 2 1/2 months now and I love it out here! Everyone I have met has been so nice. The scenery here is AMAZING. I have never actually seen mountains before I moved out here, but now all I have to do is look out of our dorm room window and there they are! One weekend a good friend of mine and I actually went to the mountains and went hiking. It was nice to get to the top and look down at the campus. It felt like I was on top of the world. Weekends here are pretty fun also. After a long week of classes it is always nice to let loose and have some fun. My friends and I mostly go out to parties. The parties here are always really fun. Sometimes they have themes and everyone dresses up(for example, there was a 70's party where everyone dressed up like hippies). As fun as the parties may be they can be kind of scary. There have been a few parties where the cops would bang on the door and everyone would have to run in order not to get in trouble. It does not happen that often, but when it does it is possibly the scariest things in the world. Other than going to parties, me and my friends go to the drive-in. The drive in is a giant screen where movies are played. The fun part is the fact that you are watching it from your car. It's really fun if you go in a pick-up truck because then you can put a bunch of blankets in the back and lay down while you watch the movie. Classes, parties, friends... that is the typically life of a U of A student!!

No comments: