Friday, October 26, 2007

Weekends At the University of Arizona Can Be Fun As Well As Terrifying


My name is Roby Owsley, and i am a freshman at the University of Arizona. My first few weekends down here have been some of the best times of my life, as well as the most frightening. A few weeks ago, I had one of the scariest moments of my life. In this story I will tell you about one of my weekends at the University. As the last class on my precious Friday winds down, I can't seem to stop thinking about the night ahead of me. What are my friends and I going to do? Are there any parties to go to? And of the most important question, what am I going to wear to impress the ladies? I finally get out of my last class of the day, it was my History class, and I basically speed walk my way back to my dorm to hear the good news of the night to come. I finally arrive at my dorm, which is named Kaibab, and it is around twelve in the afternoon. I sprint up to my room 320, which is on the third floor. I bust open the door and I see my roommate on the computer looking for things to do on his Facebook. A Facebook is an internet site that almost all the kids at school have, and is used to message friends and to communicate about what is going on every weekend. My roommates name is Jordan, and he has been my best friend since kindergarden. But anyways, back to the story. I throw my backpack off, grab a cookie and a drink, and I ask for Jordan to tell me the good news. He tells me of a party that will be happening later tonight that we were invited to. I am so excited, I slam my drink down and smash my cookie into my mouth. I then lay in my soft bed to take a nap to ready myself for the night ahead. I wake up suddenly about two hours later, prepared and refreshed for the night. I quickly jump in the shower, and clean my self up. Our showers are in a community bathroom, which is a big bathroom that everyone in our hall shared. I dry off, throw on some fresh clothes, and put on some colone to make sure I smell extra delicious. For the ladies of coarse. I am finally ready for the night. I call all of my friends and ask if they want to role to the party with us. We all meet at my friend's car, and we're on our way. We finally get there, and the party is just getting started. We meet some new people, talk with some girls, and are having a great time. This party we are at goes for about three hours, and we decide to leave at around one in the morning, which is considered an early night for us. But while we are driving home, one of my buddies says he's hungry, and that we should stop by this burrito shack he knew about. We pull up and everyone orders their food. I order a steak and egg burrito, and go to sit down with my friends that already ordered. And just as my last friend is ordering his food, another kid that was already in there decides he is going to say something stupid to one of my friends. My friend comes to the table all of us are hanging out at and tells us what happened. Suddenly, a couple of my buddies jump up and walk over to the other kids table. They ask the kid why he had to talk bad about our friend, and the kid continues to talk trash to us. (talking trash means to say stupid stuff to someone trying to get them upset). Suddenly a huge fight breaks out. This goes on for only a couple minutes, and nothing serious happens. We all walk out of the place to go back to our dorm. We all get into the car and a huge white truck pulls up behind us. A big older guy gets out and walks up to one of the rolled down windows and asks my friend for some gas money. We all try and tell him we have no money and that we're leaving, but he isn't looking for any else but trouble. He reaches in and slaps one of my friends in the face screaming and yelling, and he pulls a gun out on all of us. My friend hits the gas, and we ramp over some parking blocks to get away. The guy gets in his truck and begins to chase us. He is on our tail, about a foot behind us with his brights on. Me and all of my friends are laying as low as we could get, heads down, fearing about getting shot. We hit a bunch of tricky manuvers, and we end up losing them. We finally make it back to the dorm room, and everyone is scared to death. Even though no one was hurt, it ended up being one of my most frightening nights ever. However the best part of this night was we were able to eat our burritos in the safety of our room. I have had some great nights here at the U of A, but this was by far the worst night i've had so far. So to conclude my story, weekends here at the University are amazing, and are always a good time, but this night, it seemed like someone was definately watching over all of us. This is one of my many stories from my time at the University of Arizona.

No comments: