Sunday, October 28, 2007

living off-campus(Bolivar)


My hometown is in Mexico, about four hours driving from Tucson, AZ. Before I came to study here, I had been many times in Arizona, but never for educational purposes. I always used to come here for shopping and it is very different when I am here and I live near to University.
When I was planning to come and study here, I wanted to live on campus, at the dorms, but they were full, so I had to look for some other options. I looked for a place to live with a friend that I met at an orientation program in August, so I had the advantage to choose at least one person that I was going to live with. We found a place near to University, so I am not as close as if I were living on the dorms, but it is good, I use my bicycle to go to my classes and it takes me about ten minutes.
I live in an apartment with other three guys; an Australian guy that I looked for apartments with, a guy from Hong Kong, and a guy from the north of Arizona. Each person has its own bedroom and we have two bathrooms, so we have one bathroom for each two people. Each person has its own door to get outside, so the rooms have two doors. That means that if you want to come home late or go outside, you do not bother anyone. Everybody have its own food on the fridge, but sometimes one people cooks all the people that we live here, and we have some fun, watching television, having dinner or just talking.
We live in a complex, there are four complexes here, so there are some parties on the weekend and you get to know a lot of people that live here, we go over to other apartments and we have some fun.
Living off-campus is different than on-campus, but I think I made the right choice, I have more privacy, my own room, I just share bathroom with one other people. But I do not live as close as the dorms from campus. But I like it; I think I will stay off-campus. Please ask questions if you have some.

Bolivar Peralta

No comments: