Thursday, October 25, 2007

Life in College

College in my opinion is one of those life-changing experiences. There is really nothing that compares to the experience that you gain during your time in college. I have been in college for about two and a half months and I have already made lifetime friends and I have an uncountable amount of stories that I will be able to tell over and over and it will never get old. In the little amount of time that I have been in college, I have already learned things that cannot be taught and can only be learned through experiences. Some main examples of this are living on your own for the first time without your parents to warn you what to do and what not to do. Another example is something that is almost unavoidable, drinking alcohol. This is one of element of college that few college students are able to avoid. Personally I haven’t been able to avoid it, but I make sure that it does become a big part of my life and most importantly, it doesn’t effect my performance in school. Personally I think I have been able to keep it to a minimum and it hasn’t been a problem, so the situation I am in is one that works and therefore does not need to be changed. This proves that despite what people say about drinking, I believe that it is not a problem unless you make it one.
One of the most important things that college students need to do in order to succeed in college is to make a list of priorities. People have to understand that you are in college for a reason and that reason is to go to school. There are many students who come to college and don’t care about their schoolwork and just drink and go to parties all of the time. Those are the students who you will not see back the following semester. Of course I think that it is important to be social during college, but you cannot let your social life take over your life. As mentioned before, school has to be the most important thing when you are in college. There is a reason why it cost so much money to attend college because getting a good education and a degree is important when it comes to being successful in life.

No comments: