Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Little of my Life

Hello!
My name is Angelica Chavira and I am a freshman at the University of Arizona. I am from Sonora, Mexico, but I have three years studying in the United States. In reality, came to the United States was very hard for me. When I first came, I found diverse borders that I never imagined. The biggest one was the language. I didn’t know how to speak English. It was very hard to communicate with my teachers, classmates or simply people. The United States have cool people who helped in my learning. One was my Government teacher in high school Juan Rojas. Since the first moment I met him he gave me advices about how to do better in school. Between some others is Ms. Wakamatsu, my English teacher also at high school. She helped me to apply for college and scholarships, and thanks to God I am accepted at the U of A and I have my Wildcat Excellence Scholarship.
As I am new at the U of A, I am just learning where the buildings are and where are the nearest places to eat between classes. The first day I came to the U of A, I felt as a stranger because the school is too big. I have classes three days per week and the others two I work as a tutor in a middle school. Once per week I go to practice mariachi because I sing and play vihuela (a little guitar) with a mariachi called San Juan. I love mariachi!
During weekends sometimes I have tocadas (times that we go to play), and others I go with my boyfriend and friends to parties. In reality school is hard and most of my free time I do homework, projects, and essays.
Hope you have fun!

No comments: