Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jimmy's daily life

Jimmy Bevell
October 24, 2007

The life of a college student in the United States is very demanding. My life here in the University of Arizona is very full of walking and practicing my sport. The university here is very large and it requires a determined person to walk from one class to another. If this doesn’t make you want to quit school the teachers will. They give us loads of homework, but we students like to call it busy work. The teachers are not very student friendly, or not caring for the students they only want to finish what is on the curriculum for the class.
Therefore, studying is the key to success. If you don’t have your nose in a book then you aren’t going to make it very far. I like to have a balanced breakfast in the morning to get things off right. I believe that it is impossible to work without something in my stomach. Then I get to school around seven thirty in the morning. I have two classes everyday, and they usually require homework every night. Then I go lift weights for my football team here in the University. This way I can be successful on the field and also have a healthy strong body.
I then have a small lunch because I have been snacking all day. This is so my mind can handle all the walking from class to class and the workouts for my sport. Then I have to go to practice to become better at my sport. It is important to be sharp here so you can always keep the starting job.
After practice I have the opportunity to finally go home around seven at night and eat dinner. After dinner I start my homework and try to finish it by ten o’clock. My mind and my body begin to fall asleep around ten so I have to get into bed. I get to bed early because I have to get up early and do all of this all over again. I enjoy my life as a college student because you are finally away from home and you can start your life. After about two months you begin to miss your parents and your family. It is a hard transition from high school to college but it makes you more aware of how important your family is to you.
The people here in Tucson Arizona love the sports. I love being an athlete because people want autographs and you get recognition when you do well. This is all nice but when you are doing poorly in your sport it ads more stress to your life and it begins to affect your grades and your relationships with your friends and family.
It is really a blast here in the University of Arizona because there are so many parties to go to and the girls are just too fine!

No comments: