Friday, October 26, 2007

Peter Somoza

Greetings, my name is Peter and I am a student at the University of Arizona, in Tucson, AZ, in the United States. My major is biochemistry and molecular biophysics. My experience here at the University of Arizona has been very positive. Life here is quite fun, but extremely busy. In the United States, college is seen as a quantum leap from high school, and during my time here, I have found that to be exceptionally true. College life here is filled with homework, studying for tests, reading, working, and just trying to make time for yourself. Time management is a very important tool to have at any university, no matter where you are. It just seems like there is never a dull moment and there is always something to do. Living in the dorms here at the University of Arizona has been an interesting experience. I share a room with another student, Josh. The room is somewhat small, but very manageable to live in. Josh and I have efficiently managed to get along with each other and share. That is not to say that we have never had disagreements or arguments because we have had several dozen. Josh and I are very different people and have different tastes in music, television, reading preferences, political views, and religious beliefs. For me, the most daunting part of dorm living is the lack of privacy. Everyone on my wing shares the same bathroom, which often times becomes very dirty easily. The food here is also not the healthiest. It is difficult to maintain a balanced diet here because of the large majority of high calorie fast food restraunts present at the university.

No comments: