Saturday, October 27, 2007

My life...

Hi, my name is Venessa Gonzalez and I am 19 years old.. I am so glad I get to talk to student from another country. I know that college life can be very diverse and interesting anywhere you travel. I am from Tucson, Arizona, so it wasn’t too hard deciding that I wanted to attend the U of A. I am currently a freshman at the University of Arizona. I am taking 4 classes my first semester: English 101, Indv 102, Math 110, and Ecol 182. My major is pre-pharmacy, I want to be a pharmacist so bad, and I hope that I will get there one day. Pharmacists work at a pharmacy, where they give medicine to sick people. At first, I was so scared to come to the U of A, because I didn’t know anyone and I was used to a smaller high school this school is huge. The U of A is such a fun place to be at. There are many restaurants, a game room, and even a shopping center. The U of A is a wide spread area, one of my classes is a fifteen minute walk. I am finally starting to get a grasp of everything that it has to offer. My daily schedule is pretty busy. I have a job that I work at two days a week. On the weekends I am always hanging out with my boyfriend and family. I love to go shopping and out to eat. Right now I am getting ready for Halloween. Here in America, on October 31 people of all ages dress up as anyone they want and go to different parties. This year I am going to be a sailor. I went to a Halloween party yesterday at a nursing home where my mom works. A nursing home is where older sick people are taken care of by nurses and doctors. Anyway, the party was so much fun, I helped serve food and run a game booth. Today, it is my boyfriend’s birthday, he is turning 19, and we are going out to eat with friends and family to a restaurant called Texas Roadhouse. Also, later on there is going to be another Halloween party at a family friend’s house. This week I have two tests, so I will probably be studying for a couple of hours. College has been pretty fun so far, I can’t wait for the adventures ahead.

No comments: